Friday, July 4, 2014

time to update. we have had a few short work weeks which has been a nice little break. and they gave us this week totally off because of july the 4 th. So after much debate on my part we decided to fly home to Indiana to surprise everyone there and spend some time catching up with everyone. I felt like I should go see Ruben or somehow split the time with my family too but it was just too far to do both. it took awhile for me to be okay with not taking this time to encourage Ruben. but the visiting hours are only sat and sunday for 1/2 hour visits and then what would I do the rest of the week or what would Derek do by himself with the kids. I really hope to go see Ruben some wknd soon. And I guess home is Indiana now so that was part of my choice of moving down here. It's tough getting to both families when you already have to travel so far to get here and then our families being 10 hrs apart. No one knew we were coming so we surprised them good. Just showed up at the door sunday morning. We left sat aft but lost 3 hrs so it was early morning here . children did really well flying once again. they slept through most of it but Derek and I were exhausted. we had a few extra seats beside us so the kids could lay out and stretch while they slept. we are at dereks parents place. have just been catching up on some errands we needed to do and did a 1 year birthday party for Ariana last night and got to see some friends. Everything looks so lush and green here, we have not seen rain since we left 2 monthsago. and things are pretty dry in phoenix. I keep being amazed by the smell of new mowed grass and all the greenery on the trees. Have enjoyed cooler temps here too. last night was chilly. we are scheduled to fly back to phoenix sat aft, I hope ariana will feel better. she woke up early this am with a high temperature and has been fighting it all day. I think she is cutting teeth cause this is the exact same thing she did a month ago when she cut 2 molars. she has 10 teeth now.

No comments:

Post a Comment